With a lot of love for Nantwich, and a lot of experience for this fine town, I’ve put together my top 5 restaurants I like to eat in.
1.Cheshire bound again, and I must reveal the latest discovery of The Crown Bar & Grill.
Recently refurbished from an Italian restaurant, this place is ideal for either a romantic meal for two or a group of friends simply wanting British food in a nice place.
A specialty for the evening was the mussels in garlic and cream sauce – although they were tasty, the portions were fairly small and there was a serious lack of sauce;
The steak pie is a particular must try in this place.
2. Simply Thai – hands down the best Thai in the area. Duck in tamarind sauce with sticky coconut rice is my favourite dish at this restaurant.
Washed down with a standard Sauvignon…
Lovely staff and stunning traditional Thai decor.
3. The Black Lion – Classic 17th-century pub with wattle-and-daub walls, stone (slightly wonky) floors and stylish contemporary interior designs.
4. Street Food
My new favourite find in Nantwich. 👌#mexican
For starters, all you need is Nachos, Nachos, and more Nachos!!
Here’s the menu to give you an idea of what there is on offer…Washed down with the tasty and refreshing Apple ciders whilst waiting for our food order which is displayed electronically up on the wall.I went for the flat Thai noodles with mixed meat and seriously felt like I was in heaven! And you have to collect your food from the Volkswagen van boot which is their quirky entry into the kitchen – very cool…
Oh, and there’s live musics on the weekends which really adds to the night-time chilled vibes 🙂
5. Now for my favorite Chinese restaurant in the area – Chopstix.
I always struggle to find a really decent Chinese restaurant, when there’s no Manchester or London China Town around the rural areas of Cheshire, you can always rely on this place.
Authentic chinese and cantonese food at it’s best, my best friend and I decided to casually share the Set Menu B for 2 on a Wednesday night straight from work…
- Seaweed Assortment with Spicy Salt and Chilli Assortment of Satay
- Mini Pancake Rolls Aromatic Crispy Duck
- Lamb Sizzling King Prawns with Ginger
- Spring Onion Chicken in Sweet and Sour Sauce Shredded Beef with Chilli
- Sauteed Mixed Vegetables Special Fried Rice (we sacrificed this dish for a noodle chow mein)…
- Tea & Coffee